Install Switch & Outlet Gaskets
Electrical outlets and light switches are one place where cold air can leak into your home. These sources are often overlooked when people look for cold drafts. You can stop the cold air and lower your heating bill by installing foam gaskets behind your switch and outlet covers. The installation of these gaskets is so simple that everyone should just go ahead and do it and eliminate these leaks.
Did you know:
- The wall switches and outlets located on an exterior wall will probably be a source of cold air leaking into your home.
- Specially made insulating gaskets fit underneath the switch plate and outlet covers.
- Gasket kits with both switch and outlet gaskets are available at your hardware store.
- These gasket kits are inexpensive & easy to install.
What to do:
- Buy one or two gasket kits depending on how many switches and outlets you have in your house.
- Unscrew the switch or outlet covers, place the appropriate gasket, and re-install the cover. That’s all there is to this job.